Statement on Modern Slavery
Why do we have a statement?
Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 requires commercial organisations that supply goods or services from or to the UK and have a global turnover above £36 million to publish a slavery and human trafficking statement each financial year, which sets out the steps they have taken to ensure there is no slavery or human trafficking in their business or supply chains, or say that no such steps have been taken. This statement is made by InSites Compages NV. We are a market research company based in Belgium with subsidiary companies in the UK and other areas of the world. This statement also applies to our group companies in the UK.
We have a zero tolerance towards modern slavery and human trafficking and will not enter into business or will discontinue business with any organisation which knowingly is involved in any modern slavery. We consider that our exposure to modern slavery is limited given the nature of our services and we are committed to taking steps to combat modern slavery that are consistent and proportionate with our sector, size and operational reach.
- Who we work with: We will not work with organisations which are knowingly involved in modern slavery.
- Supplier process: We have a full supplier process which ensures we are doing business with suppliers that are in line with our ethics. We require that our suppliers do not support modern slavery.
- Monitoring our Performance: We hold supplier account review meetings and have not to our knowledge conducted any business where modern slavery has been performed.
- Business Ethics Policy and our Values: Our Business Ethics Policy supports our company values and the promotion of ethical behaviours right across the business.
- Contractual Entitlements: We offer a competitive remuneration package which we regularly review and offer many additional benefits.
- Zero hours contracts: We do subcontract some work on a zero hours’ basis but we take care to ensure that this is the desired way of working of the individuals involved.
- Staff survey: we conduct regular staff surveys on an anonymous basis to ensure employees have a voice and we act on the findings as appropriate.
- Training: we have implemented appropriate training on modern slavery and human trafficking in our UK group companies.
This statement is made in pursuance of Section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2010 relating to the financial year ending 30 June 2019.
Issued: December 2019 Tim Duhamel, CFO