Research Director (Team Head) | Healthcare
in Research Director (Team Head) | Healthcare
We have an opportunity for someone to lead a group of passionate marketers and research innovators who are determined to take research forward every day within the Healthcare industry. We help our clients to let go and delegate real power to consumers, the ultimate key to making better marketing decisions and driving business growth. Currently, the team of 14 enthusiasts, based in our Manchester office, get their energy from helping world leading brands to excel in marketing and to develop deeper connections with consumers on a global scale. Our recipe for success: a never-ceasing enthusiasm, a lot of hard work, a culture of sharing, and permanent innovation in research methods and marketing thought leadership. And last but not least: positively surprising our clients every day.
The key role of the Research Director in the Team Head capacity is to lead a team of quantitative and qualitative researchers – including team training, team work with other departments, improving processes etc. They will ensure that the team achieves its income and gross margin targets, manage payroll costs and deliver targeted levels of client satisfaction. All while playing an important corporate role by driving business initiatives and living/demonstrating the company values in their team.
Your main responsibilities:
- Leading a team of researchers, ensuring everyone in the team is performing at the required level, that the team is effectively resourced and supported, trained, developed, motivated and engaged.
- To identify, retain, develop and manage our talented people, and manage succession planning within their team structure.
- Work to achieve the team’s income and gross margin targets, while controlling payroll and operating within the company’s culture and values.
- Leading quantitative, qualitative and/or community projects from proposal/quote to playing an active role in the presentation to the client – with support from senior Directors when required.
- Overseeing project management, design and analysis – and adding value at all stages of the process.
- To work effectively with junior researchers to meet the objectives of the research and to ensure the projects are run to (at least) target margins.
- High levels of interaction with internal colleagues – some of which will not be based in the Manchester office.
- Leading interviewing/recruitment of new staff and identifying needs for the team.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Ability to lead and motivate a research team
- Manage a varied and challenging day to day workload whilst keeping an eye on medium term strategy
- Ability to competently manage complex people management situations
- Ability to forge good working relationships with others
- Commercial acumen; both to deliver research projects and hit team financial targets
- Strong research skills (all rounder)
- Strong client management skills
Joining Join the Dots InSites Consulting is joining a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated. You will be working in an informal, fast paced and global culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So, from time to time we have to let off some steam. Fun is definitely part of our culture.
Next to our strong team culture, the job comes with some other remarkable perks:
- Bonus plan based on team performance
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays (3 days taken during the Christmas period when we are closed)
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Season ticket loans
- Access to Perkbox; the lifestyle discount portal
Professional and Personal Development
- A variety of formal and informal, group and individual learning opportunities available
- An annual training programme that includes a wide range of soft and tangible skills that our people need and want
- Budget available for external events, conferences, seminars and online training resources
Think this job’s for you?