IT Support Engineer
Why would you want to work as an IT Support Engineer at Join the Dots?
We’re based in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter, surrounded by cool cars, ever changing art and restaurants, this does mean temptation at all times, we aren’t sorry about that! Plus, it means we are about a 7 min walk from Piccadilly Gardens. We offer a flexible and supportive atmosphere as well as:
- Salary up to £25,000, depending on experience
- Excellent pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus your banks
- Season ticket loan
- Performance related bonus
- The opportunity to be involved in charity work
- Tailored professional development
- Employee perk portal for saving on high street stores and well-being packages
What can you do here?
The primary role of the IT Support Engineer is to provide IT support to all Join the Dots employees and consultants following ITIL* principles and best practices which are in place in the department, in a first and second line multi-purpose role.
The role includes support, administration and maintenance of the company infrastructure, including the internal server and networking systems.
The position will involve a high level of customer service and support, proactive problem solving and an expectation of Continuous Service Improvement of the Join the Dots infrastructure.
- Virtualisation – Heavily virtualised environments such as VMWare vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Windows Server – Active Directory Domain Services, SCCM, IIS, Group Policy, Powershell, File and Print Services.
- Microsoft Exchange
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure – Specifically, Remote Desktop Services.
- Office 365 Administration – Configuring users, PowerShell commands, licensing
- Networking – Network policy, including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP,
So what would be good for you to have?
- At least 2 years’ experience in a IT support role
- Experience with Windows Server and Windows Clients
- Microsoft Exchange / Office 365
- Experience with Virtualisation
To apply or for more information about the role, please send an email to HR@jointhedotsmr.com including an up-to-date copy of your CV
Think this job’s for you?